Wednesday, December 31, 2008

reasonable

‘Some people think too clearly’

Vigo thought,

as Jennifer put her boots on.

‘There is something very off about this woman

I don’t understand how she can be so reasonable.’

Vigo thought,

as Jennifer stood up and adjusted her purse.

“Are you sure you don’t need a ride?” he asked her.

“It’s okay Vigo, you look tired” She replied.

“It wouldn’t be a problem really- it’s only a few blocks”

“I’d like to walk, it’s supposed to snow overnight”

“I’ll walk you then, how bout it?”

“Oh no Vigo, it’s okay, you’ve done enough for me tonight already”

“I could use some fresh air, can I at least call you a cab?”

“You really don’t have to. Thanks though, I really appreciate it”

“Are you sure?”

“I’ll be fine” Jennifer said. Vigo watched her eyes quickly scan his apartment.

“Okay Jennifer, walk safe” Vigo said.

“Thank you, I had a really good night”

“Me too, are you free next weekend?”

“We’ll see” Jennifer said. She opened the door as Vigo leaned on the wall

beside it. “Goodnight” she said.

Vigo closed the door behind her, he then went to his window

and watched her slowly walk into the street.

Jennifer then looked back at the apartment, and saw Vigo watching her from his window.

She hesitantly waved, and though she was unsure if Vigo could see her or not

she blushed.

Vigo smiled as she turned around and continued on her way.

Jennifer walked a few more steps and then

she seemingly liquefied, disappearing instantaneously into the street.

‘Oh fuck.’ Vigo thought to himself. ‘I should really have warned her about that open sewer hole…’

Vigo then closed the blinds, and began to run a warm bath for himself.

He got undressed as the water filled the tub.

No comments: